Kid Friendly Recipe (with some grown up help)
If you want to make it a tad bit healthier, you could add 1/2 cup shredded carrot or zucchini after folding in the bananas.
yield: 1 loaf
time: 1.5 hours
2 medium bowls
1 large bowl
1 bread loaf pan
potato masher (optional)
1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
3 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1) Prep work: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bread pan with non-cook spray. Set butter in large bowl to soften (at least 15 minutes).
2) Peel & mash bananas in a medium size bowl. This is a great step for kids, especially if you have younger ones. Plus, using a potato masher is pretty exciting.
3) Mix together dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. This is also a kid-friendly step, but watch out for flying flour. Dry ingredients tend to take flight due to over-enthusiastic stirrers.
4) Add sugar to softened butter. Use spoon to mix well. Another kid-friendly step, so long as the butter is softened enough. Add 1 egg, mix. Add second egg, mix. Add yogurt, mix. Add mashed bananas, mix. Add flour in 3 parts, mix between each part.
5) Pour batter into baking tin. Drop tin onto counter to get out air bubbles (This is fun!). Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (50 minutes if you don't want it quite so moist in the center).
6) Remove from oven. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert pan to remove loaf for remainder of cooling.