FCC Interview Series: First Friends Family Childcare



  Earlier this month, I discussed some of the stereotypes and attitudes surrounding family child care. As a follow-up to Family Child Care - I'm not a babysitter. I am conducting a series of interviews with family child care providers across the state of Massachusetts.

  The purpose of these interviews is to spread the word about the professionals that work in this field. A commonly heard stereotype is that FCC's just play all day, are babysitters, or are unable to provide a proper pre-school education. While there are people who fall into that category, what I have experienced while talking to other providers is vastly different. FCC's provide stimulating age appropriate activities, structured and safe environments, and learning through play. 

  Today's interview is with Linnea, who provides care in Hingham. Thank you for your time, Linnea!


What is your name, where are you located, and does your business have a name?
Linnea Lundin Marks, Hingham, Ma
First Friends Family Childcare

How long have you been in business? What is your work background?
Operating for over 11 years as a licensed home childcare.
Before starting my own program I worked in group childcare as a Director and Lead Teacher of Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers, primarily focusing on Toddlers.


What age groups do you provide for and what are your hours?
I run a morning Toddler program (8:30-12) focusing on the 18 mos. -3yr age group.

What is the price range for your services and do you accept vouchers?
Rate: 8:30-11:30 $45/day, 8:30-12 (including lunch) $50/day.
I do not accept vouchers.


What type of schooling/ training have you done related to child care and education?
I hold a degree in Early Childhood Education. I am a State Licensed Director II, Lead Infant, Toddler, Preschool Teacher.

What is the best part of your job?
I love working with toddlers. They are always exploring their environment, looking for new and challenging experiences.


What types of activities does your program provide?
I offer a stimulating and developmentally appropriate environment for the toddlers to safely learn as they explore using all of their developmental skills.

What is the best way to contact you, should a family be interested in more information or setting up a tour?
I can be best reached by email: firstfriendsfamilychildcare@yahoo.com

Comments