This is the part of the site dedicated to Pearl Jam.
Parents often ask what could be brought in to help the classroom or as a seasonal gift - and I am left standing there on the spot looking at them like I have no idea what a classroom, any classroom, might possibly need to function. So, in order to help prevent that, I am posting my wish list.
Some of My Favorite Things
- gift cards: Java Room, Sunset Tiki, Thai Jasmine, Amazon
- plants, house plants or things that could be added to the garden
These are items that I don't have, need replenishing often, or are recycled items that are typically thrown away. If you are looking for an idea or want to pitch in, then this is a good place to find ideas. Generally, most of the items are "trash," natural or from natural sources, and non-commercialized.
- regular schools supplies - dry erase markers, thick crayons, water based paints, stickers, scrapbook paper, construction paper, envelopes, chalk, school glue, glue sticks
- digital camera (disposable or reusable, prefer waterproof)
- real instruments, actual size or mini child-sized versions (in good repair, no broken or sharp parts)
- paper bags, plastic bags
- toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- spools from thread or wire
- wood toys, safe for infant-preschool
- clothe toys, safe for infant-preschool
- cool nature finds: rocks, nests, seeds, leaves, pine cones, shells, snake skin, cicada shells,
- kitchen tools: pots, pans, large wooden or metal spoons & forks, strainers, measuring spoons & cups, metal baking dishes, cups, plates, bowls
- dried out markers with matching caps
- scrap pieces of fabric, ribbon, string, yarn, any textiles including curtains, table clothes, sheets, etc
- dress up clothes of community helpers, occupations, sports (non-commercialized costumes)
- cd's (for projects, okay if they are scratched)
- corks, bottle caps (no sharp edges)
- items that can be used for water and mud play: pvc pipes & connectors, plastic gutters (in good repair, no broken or sharp edges), funnels, shovels, scoops, pipettes, turkey basters
If any of this is stuff you just happen to have collected and want to contribute to our explorations & creations, please let me know! I LOVE to re-use and re-cycle items. If you have something that isn't on the list and think it is a cool find, then share that, too.