FCC Interview Series: Life's Little Treasures FCC





  Earlier this week, I discussed some of the stereotypes and attitudes surrounding family child care. As a follow-up to Family Child Care - I'm not a babysitter. I am conducting a series of interviews with family child care providers across the state of Massachusetts.

  The purpose of these interviews is to spread the word about the professionals that work in this field. A commonly heard stereotype is that FCC's just play all day, are babysitters, or are unable to provide a proper pre-school education. While there are people who fall into that category, what I have experienced while talking to other providers is vastly different. FCC's provide stimulating age appropriate activities, structured and safe environments, and learning through play. 

  Today's interview is with Cassandra, who provides care in Malden. Thank you for your time, Cassandra!



What is your name, where are you located, and does your business have a name?
My name is Cassandra Cammarano. My family childcare is Life's Little Treasures FCC. We are located in Malden, MA.

How long have you been in business? What is your work background?

We have been open for a year. I have worked in centers for over 6 years, mainly as the lead infant teacher. I also have a bachelors degree in elementary education.

What age groups do you provide for and what are your hours?
I care for ages 10 weeks to 3 years old. I am open 7:15-5:45, with an availability of 10 hours per day.




What is the price range for your services and do you accept vouchers?
My prices are $315/week full time for infants, $290/week full time for toddlers and $260/week full time for preschool. Part time is $65/day.

What type of schooling/ training have you done related to child care and education?
I have a bachelors degree in elementary education.

What is the best part of your job?
Watching the children learn and grow.



What types of activities does your program provide?

We provide field trips during the summer months and curriculum that includes circle time and other activities.

What is the best way to contact you, should a family be interested in more information or setting up a tour?
My email is lifestreasuresfcc@gmail.com or 781-322-2125



Comments